I may not be able to sip hot chocolate at the chocolateria in San Miguel de Allende today but I can satisfy my chocolate cravings with this fabulous low-carb, gluten free brownie recipe courtesy of Bob and Kathy in Cuernavaca. Careful, they are addictive!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 1/2 cups cocoa
- 5-6 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 c flax meal
- 1/2 cup stevia or 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 – 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a small bowl, mix meals, sugar, nuts, and set aside
- Melt butter in a sauce pan
- Add cocoa and stir until smooth, Turn off heat.
- Add eggs to cocoa mixture, one at a time and stir
- Add dry ingredients and stir until mixed
Spread evenly in a greased 9×13″ pan; Bake for 20-25 minutes (Do not over bake)